scoot in close and there will be room for everyone.

My name is Inga and I'm an artist, among other things. I have an Etsy shop, Sunny Plum, that specializes in things that are sewn.

I love perusing art and crafts, finding out how people make things, and making myself nuts adding items to my ever expanding wish list. So that's what this blog is mostly dedicated to. Enjoy!



Monday, August 30, 2010

Doorknob Allure

I am experiencing a growing obsession with antique doorknobs.  It's really difficult justifying wanting to collect them, especially since I splurged on nice ones when we moved into our house 4 years ago.  The real underlying and undeniable problem is that our actual doors are hideous and cheap.  I've spent the last few weeks while Mark has been out of town reflecting on what in this house is representative of me and what is just crap I've accumulated.  Turns out I have a lot of crap.  The doors are definitely NOT representative of me.

Now the questions is... do I paint the doors and throw some awesome antique doorknobs on them, paint them and leave the nice expensive doorknobs on them, or leave them crappy with nice doorknobs?  Here are a few that I found browsing on Etsy:

nikkimyers1127
VintageNewHampshire
TexasSkye
kizzyrayan123

No comments:

Post a Comment